- Follow us online for your chance to win FREE Sand Gnats tickets
We're partnering with the Allstate Foundation and Points of Light Institute for a micro-volunteer project at the Sand Gnats game Saturday, 5/31. LIKE and/or FOLLOW us online for your chance to win a pair of FREE tickets to the game and fireworks. We'll be giving away a total of 40 tickets to our online followers. Read on to learn more...
- My Week with United Way HandsOn Savannah
My name is Neb Ozobia and I am a graduating senior from Savannah Country Day School. Each year all of the members of...
- UNITED WAY HANDSON SAVANNAH AWARDS TOP VOLUNTEERS
Press Release following 2014 Volunteer Recognition and Awards Luncheon, "Volunteers Rock!"
- UWCE EARNS CHARITY NAVIGATOR’S TOP RATING FOR SIXTH CONSECUTIVE YEAR
Savannah, GA (April 10, 2014) – United Way of the Coastal Empire has earned Charity Navigator’s highest...
- Nominations Open: 35th Annual Volunteer Recognition & Awards
Volunteers Rock! Nominate an outstanding one today for the premier volunteer recognition event of the region, the 35th Annual Volunteer Recognition & Awards Luncheon presented by United Way HandsOn Savannah. Nomination form is online and open to the public today.
UNITED WAY HANDSON SAVANNAH AWARDS TOP VOLUNTEERS
United Way HandsOn Savannah honored outstanding volunteers for their generous contributions of time and service to the local community at the 35th Annual Volunteer Recognition and Awards luncheon at Savannah Station.
Various community organizations in Bryan, Chatham, Effingham and Liberty counties nominated individuals as a way to say thank you for making a difference to benefit the community. Winners were selected from a field of 55 nominees in each of five categories. The winners and the organizations they served are as follows:
Animal Advocacy Award winner: Marie Rodriguez, Islands Feral Cat Project
Arts & Culture Award winner: Les Wilkes, Hospice Savannah
Education Award winner: Sabria Jones, Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club
Environment Award winner: Alan and Sandi Beals, Coastal Georgia Botanical Garden
Health & Human Services Award winner: Mahogany Bowers, Blessings in Book Bag
The Herschel V. Jenkins Volunteer of the Year Award, honoring the late Herschel V. Jenkins, a visionary and a community building volunteer who believed in the work of United Way and the importance of giving back to the community, was selected from winners in the above five categories. The award went to Sabria Jones. A monetary prize of $1,000 was awarded to Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club.
Sabria Jones was recognized and received the Critz, Inc. $500 Youth Scholarship Award for the outstanding service that she gives to Frank Callen Boys and Girls Club.
- daniel t: replied to the Need "Are you willing to work WONDERS?" - Aug 20, 2014
- Jaime H: joined the site - Aug 20, 2014
- Mary W: joined the site - Aug 20, 2014
- Brandi J: replied to the Need "National Preservation Conference: Candlelight Home Tour" - Aug 20, 2014
- Brandi J: replied to the Need "Are you willing to work WONDERS?" - Aug 20, 2014
- Brandi J: replied to the Need "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer volunteers" - Aug 20, 2014
- Chris H: replied to the Need "Data Entry Volunteer Needed!" - Aug 18, 2014
- Chris H: joined the site - Aug 18, 2014
- Amanda S: became a fan of "Atlantic Area CASA, Inc." - Aug 18, 2014
- Amanda S: became a fan of "The Shed Project, Inc." - Aug 18, 2014
- Lutheran Services of Georgia: posted a new event "Savannah Golf Classic" - 6 days ago
- Lutheran Services of Georgia: posted a new event "Tea Party in the Garden" - 6 days ago
- Lutheran Services of Georgia: posted a new employment opportunity "Social Work Intern for Family Permanancy" - 6 days ago
- American Cancer Society: posted a new need "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer volunteers" - Aug 12, 2014